Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A Frustrating Day 3

Soooooo, I'm late again. Sadly I think this might be a trend. I promise I'll try to be better. No excuse, just busy with the kids & some oh so pleasant divorce-oriented things. I could devote an entire post to that, but let's just focus on the task at hand: Day 3 Shoulders & Arms and Ab Ripper

After the evil Plyometrics it's a wonder I was amp'd to do a Day 3. I popped the DVD into the player and nada. Totally blank. I check it on the computer and sure enough the files are there on the disk, but no Shoulders & Arms. I'm actually pretty bummed. Call me crazy, but I was looking forward to being tortured for a grueling 50 min. I don't know what the issue is, but I'll figure something out before I'm needing to do it again next week.

I did Ab Ripper though and though it's only Day 2 of that I'm finding it not too terribly difficult. I mean, I keep up. I sweat like a pig, but I keep up enough. And I look ridiculous doing the stupid bicycle thing but what's new? I look ridiculous doing all of this.

In place of the Shoulders & Arms I just did mat work with a Pilates DVD. Obviously the same areas were not targeted and it was far less intense, but it was something.

I'm having a hard time waking up at 5:00 in the morning to do this stuff. And I wish I weren't. It's my own fault though. I stay up late so I can chat with E while he's gone and with the time difference that means if I want to talk to him for any period of time I have to stay up late to do so. Quite honestly I'm not ready to sacrifice my time talking with him so that I can wake up an hour and a half earlier than I normally would like to. If I can't see him face to face or be with him physically then I want to use any available time we have to chit chat here & there. And believe you me, I am so grateful that he's in a position to be talking with me on a daily basis. I cringe thinking of the day that I don't hear from him because he's traveling or heaven forbid something happens where he is located. Thank you God for keeping him safe.

So instead I sleep in a smidgen later and take the kids to school, come home, get some laundry going & work out before I start doing my new "job" online. I put it in quotes cause I'm not so sure how serious this thing is going to turn into and it's not like I'm having to put actual effort into it. More than anything it just takes up my time which I feel would be better spent doing housework. I know that if I went into an actual office I wouldn't feel this way, but I'm working from home and when I do that I feel like I'm shirking my other responsibilities.

Okay, I've successfully gone off on that tangent. On that note I'll bid you adieu and will be back next time with- YogaX.

Wish me luck!