Sunday, March 27, 2011

Plyometrics Can Suck It!!!

Day 2- the evil Plyometrics (Again, a couple days late)
Is it the goal of P90X to make me look like a damn fool?! I looked ridiculous jumping all over the place. Obviously I shouldn't care how silly I look in front of my kids, but I have the coordination of a newborn giraffe and if it were me. I'd have a hard time respecting my mom if I watched her bounce around like an idiot.

And can I just say- if I could reach through the tv and strangle Tony I would in a heartbeat. It's bad enough that I'm out of shape and getting through a workout is like torture, but does he have to insult me further by rubbing in my face that a one-legged man does this workout with ease?

The whole lack of coordination seems to work against me with this. Kicking over the back of a chair with each leg doesn't seem too hard, but let me tell you I somehow managed to kick the chair more often than not.

Again, I did not finish the whole thing. And that's ok if you ask me. It's only day two and I did all that I can do. As much as I want to punch Tony, I will admit that he's pretty cool about letting you know that you shouldn't push yourself past your own comfort level.

This workout is high energy and what I expected to get from the program. It's definitely sweat inducing and gets your heart pumping. I just wish it didn't make me want to puke my guts out afterward.

Tomorrow I am ready to "Bring It!" Hopefully I'll finish both Ab Ripper and Shoulders & Arms.